Looking For Stripes....Found The Spots.

 Exploration was the name of the game as I paddled some new water today scouting striped bass holes, instead I found some nice spots. This feeder creek had some surprises in store for me as it opened up into a fast, deep channel with stairstepped ledges and deep channel bends. I beat the banks with a spinnerbait, Premier League Lures River Series, with surprisingly little success. Changing tactics, I parked below a deep shoal and probed the channel cut with the blade. Persistence pays off and after 10 minutes working the shoal from various angles my Dobyns 734C loaded up with a stud spot over 3 pounds. Feeling out the pattern I moved to the top of the shoal, parked my Coosa on a rock and plied the pushwater. I quickly hooked up with two small spots. The fish were feeding up in the pushwater and below the shoals. Trying to replicate this pattern I moved through several sets of shoals that didn't hold fish. I saw some baitfish flickering on the surface and took that as a cue to park on this shoal and begin working it with the blade. Once again, it took at least 5 minutes of plying various angles before another monster spot pounced my bait. I put about 7 fish in the boat today with two stud spots. River Stalkin done right!







Comments