City Limits River Stalkin'

I hit the streets in search of some town loving fish. These guys seem to be just as at home in rebar, rip rap, and bridge rubble as they are in mossy, rocky shoals. The bite was off and a bit funky as they fish were turning up their noses to my normal Premier League Lures spinnerbaits and weightless flukes. Going old school, I tied on a gold/black jerkbait and bumped it across the rocks. This proved to be the ticket as I had shoal bass, small mouth, trout, and a lost 3-4 pound spot that just broke my heart. Some days, dumbing it down, going old school is the way to go. I find that when conditions are tough, the fish won't cooperate or I just can't put all the pieces together I will pick something simple and easy to fish and cover water. Today, the old Rouge stick bait was the ticket.





Comments