River Stalkers 2013 Kicks Off With A PB River Spot!



2013 stands to be a huge year for myself and River Stalkers and it commenced in grand fashion. First order of business for 2013: drive to Sparta, TN and pick up my new Jackson Coosa. Fresh from the factory, wrapped in plastic and filled with little plastic corkscrews, the blaze orange Coosa pumpkin is as river ready as my trusty blue-white '12 model, only with a few nice upgrades. To celebrate the birth of this pristine craft, I drug it down a flight of concrete stairs and tossed it into a muddy, rock strew creek just out of flood stage. At 38 degrees, 15 mile an hour winds, and a strong chance for snow the weather was prime for River Stalkin'. The fish were wired and looking to kill anything that drifted by thanks to the massive front looming on the horizon. Those river spots were beating my new River Special spinnerbait like it owed them money. Barely 45 minutes into my float a massive Alabama Spot waylaid my blade like it was the blue plate at the local greasy spoon. The fight was fierce but short lived and I quickly netted my new personal best river spot. A true giant for a tributary this size, she had a cavernous mouth and a build like left tackle. What a way to kick off the 2013 fishing season! I owe a huge thanks to our supporters Jackson Kayak, HOOK1, Dobyns Rods, YakAttack, and Bending Branches for that sweet new Angler Pro!


Comments

Post a Comment