Spoon Fed Carters Lake Spot

I hit Carters Lake for the first time with high winds and only a short time to explore and fish.  What a gorgeous gem of a mountain lake this is!  I launched at Doll Mountain and the fishing was pretty tough with very little surface action going on and I never quite found any big schools of bait.  I did have a close encounter with the biggest spotted bass I have ever seen.  It flushed a small school of threadfin to the surface right at the bow of my boat, flared her gills at me as if she was shocked to see me there and slowly swam back to the depths.  Truly an awe inspiring encounter with a legitimate six plus pound bass.  I tried dropshot and shakeyhead, but I hear that the fish are very selective on plastic colors.  I finally located some big arches near a tree line in about 50 feet of water.  I dropped a spoon down on them and this nice little spot whacked it!  I can't wait to go back and try again and maybe a different location.

Comments

  1. It is simply amazing at the things you see from a yak that you would never see from a conventional fishing deck. Nice spot... Carter's is definitely on my list for the spring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment