Spring Break Tour: Etowah River


Weather: High 70s, Sunny
Water: Mid 60s and stained
Lures and Techniques: KVD 1.5, SPRO Little John, Zoom Trick Worms in Watermelon

On the third stop of my Spring Break Tour, my father and I explored the Etowah River in search of my favorite fish: Alabama Spotted Bass.  We launched around mid-day for an upstream paddle, downstream fishing trip.  The fishing was neither easy nor predictable; catching fish in every sort of cover and every depth of water, but not enough to establish any discernible of a pattern.  I caught Spots on trick worms, whites on crank bait and the biggest of the day, remarkably, came on a three inch grub!  I had two "should-a-been's" in twenty plus inch spots that slammed my lure at the boat, but left me staring in disbelief.  I can't wait to get back out on the Etowah and explore more areas and land a four plus pounder!

Comments