Allatoona After Work

Date: 2.7.12
Weather: Sunny with a 4-10 mph wind
Temperature: 63
Water Temperature: 55 and stained
Moon Phase: Ful
Scenario: Pre-spawn bass suspended off ledges and rip-rap int 8-12 feet of water


In a fluke turn of events I had a couple of extra hours after work to go out and play.  I launched my Commander 140 at Bells Ferry on Lake Allatoona at 4:00.  With the stained water I opted to keep my swimbaits in the boat.  Swimbaits are visual baits, so you might as well put them up in cold, muddy water.  I tied on a H20 Express suspending jerkbait in sexy melon.  Having only two hours of daylight, I paddled around until I marked some baitfish near a bluff on a channel ledge and some bridge rip-rap.  I started off with a fast jerk-pause retrieve; no takers.  Slowing down, I began a much more gentle pull-pause retrieve.  Fish on!  The first fish, a small large mouth around 16", came bluff rock point in eight feet of water.  The second fish came in eight or ten feet of water off a rip-rap point near a channel. 






 

Comments

  1. From one Southeastern kayak fisherman to another. Found your blog and followed it. JGR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Really like your blog JGR, great product reviews.

      Delete

Post a Comment